If your present one or more COVID 19 related symptoms you must stay home.
- Call 514-644-4545 for instructions (1-877-644-4545);
- Report the absence to the centre as per usual, through the email portal or by phone;
- Contact an administrator or teacher by email indicating your absence is possibly COVID 19 related.
The school administration will then provide you with information on the next steps and maintain the individual’s confidentiality throughout the process.
Any individuals at the school, in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, will be contacted and instructions given as per Santé Publique directives. The school community will also be informed if there are any confirmed cases.
In accordance with the ministry of education, all students are required to wear a face mask in corridors and common areas. And sanitation measures for all students and staff will be implemented throughout the day, and our caretakers will be cleaning and disinfecting the school at the rate proscribed in the guidelines. An isolation area and emergency kits are available for use in response to a suspected case of COVID-19. We recommend that students come prepared to wear the mask also during class time.
- We have modified classroom sizes
- Signage has been installed throughout the building to guide you
- Hand washing stations installed
- Daily monitoring of temperatures
- The wearing of a face mask in and outside the classroom is highly recommended
- The caretaking team will be cleaning and disinfecting the school at the rate prescribed by the guidelines.
- An isolation area and emergency kits are available for use in response to a suspected case of COVID-19.
- We ask that you come to class every day as we are committed to maintaining the highest standards at JLAED.
- We believe in the resilience of our STUDENTS, STAFF and we will continue to follow public health instructions rigorously.
- We will continue to teach, reinforce and model guidelines to ensure the safety of our students and employees.
Upon entering school (all entry points will have hand sanitizing stations); students who have specific skin conditions can bring their own to apply at entry;
Wash hands using soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds-using hand sanitizer.
- Before and after bathroom use
- Before and after touching one’s face
- Before and after eating
- Before exiting or entering the building
- Before and after any activity that requires touching shared materials (ex. Computers, stair railings…)
- Coughing or sneezing into a tissue or crook of the arm;
- Masks must be worn all times on school premises (corridors and common areas.)
- Students can remove their masks when seated at their desks within their fixed class groupings, however keeping it is on in class is recommended
- Wearing a mask is especially important when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Circulation in the building will be limited to walking in hallways to get to the next block of classes.
- Students will be eating in cafeteria and sit on the designated X seat at lunch.
- The cafeteria will be open and accessible to students who wish to purchase food. A limited menu will be available.
- Microwaves have been removed as directed by health and safety guidelines.
- Students will be allowed to leave the building during their lunch period.
- All caretakers have received training on disinfection procedures in anticipation of our students’ and staffs’ and staffs’ return.
- Caretakers are mandated to follow all protocols for high touch areas established by Santé Publique.
- All classrooms will be supplied with disinfectant kits to allow for classrooms to disinfect when required, in addition to the requirements of Santé Publique.
- Access to the school will be restricted to students and staff. Id cards must be on person.
- Each entry/exit will be equipped with a hand sanitation system.
- Access to the school will be granted as of 8:20 a.m. Upon entering the building, students, will immediately report to their classrooms.
- Students will not be designated lockers at this time.
- All materials will be kept in class.
- Classroom windows will be kept open when feasible to increase ventilation.
- Outdoor learning will take place when appropriate.
- Students will have access to bathrooms throughout the day and must respect social distancing rules.
- Students must bring water bottles with them to school, fountains will be unavailable for use. There will be three no-touch water bottle filling stations should students require refills.