At James Lyng Adult Education Centre, we’re passionate about the education of all our students. We strive to make learning a positive experience and everything we do is designed to help all students achieve to the best of their ability. Our collective, daily efforts make a positive difference in the lives of our students, their families and the world. Guided by our mission, vision and values, we build a positive place for learning and working...together.
We serve a widely diverse and multi-cultural student body of students, aged 16 to 80. These dynamics contribute to a rich and vibrant community. Our caring staff makes sure that all of our students feel welcome.
Students attend James Lyng Adult Education Centre for a variety of reasons that include: working towards a High School Diploma, learning French and English conversation, finishing pre-requisites for career training programs or obtaining the necessary credits to enroll at CEGEP or University. We want our students to be successful. We provide the skills, information and guidance as they go through our programs and we enthusiastically celebrate their achievements.
Student life plays a big role at James Lyng Adult Education Centre. Our staff and students are community minded and socially aware. They organize, and participate in, many events and activities throughout the year. That gives us our strong character and unique personality.
Our doors are always open to students who need guidance or are ready to resume their studies and pursue their dreams.
Our vision is to prepare each student for a successful future as a lifelong learner. We will help our students reach high levels of achievement.
To do this, we will:
- engage all students and staff to achieve the high expectations of the EMSB board
- create an environment to learn and work where staff and students are happy, recognized and successful
- offer all students a range of learning programs to help them discover their passions and potential
- provide equity of access and opportunity for students and staff to learn, work and succeed
- openly communicate as we welcome the involvement of all staff and students in the diverse communities we serve
- be a leader in the use of technology to encourage creative and innovative learning
Together, we create safe, positive climates for learning and working environments that prepare students to be empathetic citizens of the world.
- We care by being compassionate and kind towards all members of our school and community.
- We are cooperative—committed to working collaboratively and valuing the contributions of others for a common purpose.
- We value honesty by demonstrating it in our words and actions.
- We respect differences, and treat everyone fairly and equitably—we are inclusive.